Culture Campus Turku promotes cooperation and joint development in the cultural sector among universities, businesses, the third sector, and public actors in the Turku region. We create connections for dialogue between art and science.
The goals of cooperation are to
- increase the attractiveness of education in the cultural sector
- strengthen research and artistic activities
- support the development of the Turku region as a vibrant, internationally recognized, and diverse cultural center.
Collaboration between various actors promotes the utilization of cultural spaces, streamlines communication and advocacy, and increases the societal impact of the cultural sector. Through shared communication, events, projects, study opportunities, and the rich offering of art and culture within Culture Campus become visible.
In communication, the focus is on the cooperation of Culture Campus operators. Culture Campus Turku actively engages in interdisciplinary collaboration with actors in the third sector and cultural institutions in the region. Furthermore, collaboration across sectors is promoted so that the opportunities in art and culture can be utilized in various organizations and sectors in society.
What Do We Do?
The Culture Campus Cooperation Group meets regularly. We are happy to hear about the cooperation needs and ideas of different operators and get to know those interested in the development of the cultural sector and student cooperation. We are also developing the joint communication and cooperation with the Technology Campus Turku and the Health Campus Turku.
Members of the working group
- Tuija Alihaanperä, Center for Urban Development, City of Turku, chair of the working group
- Katri Kaalikoski, Humak University of Applied Sciences, vice-chair of the working group
- Timo Tanskanen, Arts Academy at Turku University of Applied Sciences, vice-chair of the working group
- Anna-Mari Rosenlöf, Arts Academy at Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Måns Broo, Åbo Akademi University
- Anne Heimo, Faculty of Humanities, University of Turku
- Sanna Hernelahti, Library Services, City of Turku
- Ruth Illman, Donner Institute, Åbo Akademi Foundation
- Pasi Lyysaari, Turku Conservatory
- Sofia Sjö, Donner Institute, Åbo Akademi Foundation
- Niina Niemi-Nagy, Leisure and Service Services, City of Turku
- Susanna Hujala, Museum Services, City of Turku